🔓 Product blacklisting is unlocked on plans: Advanced & Pro
In this article:
- Step 1. Create a tag in Shopify ready to use
- Step 2. Exclude sale products from your loyalty program
Step 1. Create a sales tag in Shopify
1. In your Shopify Admin, go to Products
2. Under All Products, select the sale product/s you would like to exclude
3. Click Bulk Actions
4. In the Bulk Actions drop-down, click Add Tags
5. Enter a title for your tag e.g. Sale, Winter Sale, Brand Sale
Your new sales tag will now be a listed tag in Shopify.
5. Click Apply Changes
Your selected products will now be tagged with your "Sale" tag.
Learn more: Shopify tags
Step 2. Exclude sale products from your loyalty program
1. In your loyalty app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, go to Do not reward points on products that are tagged with one off:
3. Enter your sale tag name into the text box
3. Click Save at the bottom right of the page
Now the sale product/s that you have tagged in Shopify will be excluded from your loyalty program. Your members will not be able to earn points for purchasing those sale products.
If you want to add them back into your loyalty program in the future, simply remove the sale product tag from the product in Shopify.
Running a sale on a collection and want to exclude a whole collection, not just a specific product? See instructions on excluding product collections during a sale.