By default, your members earn 1 point for every $1 they spend.
In this article:
- Update how many loyalty points members earn for making a purchase
- How it works - your members' experience
Update how many loyalty points members earn for making a purchase
1. In your app admin, go to Earning Points
2. Under Making a purchase
3. Click Edit
4. Enter the number of points per $ spend you want to reward your members
📝 Note: This amount must be greater than zero.
5. Click Save
How it works - your customers' experience
Every time a customer makes a purchase they will earn your chosen number of loyalty points per $ spent.
- 1 Point for every $1 spent, e.g. $40 = 40 points
- 2 Points for every $1 spent, e.g. $40 = 80 points
- 5 Points for every $1 spent, e.g. $40 = 200 points
If you have your Earned Points Email notification turned on, your loyalty member will also receive an email notifying them of how many points they earned for their purchase.
Additionally, the next time they log in to your loyalty widget, they will see their new loyalty point balance and all rewards available.
By default, customers will earn points for the entire value of their order. Learn how to manage what spending earns points:
> Update loyalty points awarded for shipping
> Update loyalty points awarded for tax