Adjust your loyalty program settings to make your loyalty program runs smoothly across your Shopify store. This step-by-step guide will help you check your Shopify and loyalty program settings will work for you.
In this article:
- Check your Shopify store settings:
1. Customer accounts
2. Form options
3. Marketing opt-in
- Adjust your loyalty program settings:
1. Store details
2. Customer email notifications
3. Order rewarding
Check your Shopify Store settings
Ensure customers can create an account, opt in for your marketing emails, and ear n points for purchasing. Follow these best practices to check your Shopify store settings will work with your loyalty program.
Part 1: Shopify customer accounts
Customers are automatically added to your loyalty program when they make a purchase or create a store account through your loyalty widget. For this to work, you must allow customer accounts in your Shopify Checkout Settings.
Under Customer Accounts, check Accounts are optional or Accounts are required
Part 2: Shopify form options
For a customer to be successfully added to your loyalty program, your loyalty app requires the customer's First Name, Last Name, and Email Address. Check your Shopify Checkout Settings to make sure you are collecting all of this information.
Under Form Options, check Require first and last name
Part 3: Shopify marketing opt-in
Decide what your default is when it comes to sending customers emails. To make sure your members get your loyalty program emails, check your Shopify Checkout Settings.
Under Order processing, choose By default, customer agrees to receive promotional emails
Adjust your loyalty program settings
Make sure your loyalty program runs exactly how you want it to.
Part 1: Store details
Your store details are used in your loyalty widget and loyalty emails.
📝 Note: By default, your store details are set to the same as your Shopify store.
1. Display Name: This is displayed as your Shopify store name by default. If you want to give your loyalty program a name, like Beauté Club, Candy Cult, Urban Edge Rewards, you can do this under Store details on your Loyalty settings page.
> See more on naming your loyalty program
2. Points Label: This is displayed as points by default. You can change your points label to suit your store under Store details on your Loyalty settings page. Some examples are: miles, bucks, candy coins, beauty bonuses.
Part 2: Customer Email Notifications
Your email notification settings are used for your customer emails.
1. Sender Name: This is defaulted to your Shopify store name. Here's how your sender name looks for your members:
Under Email Notifications on your Loyalty settings page, check that this is the correct email sender name that you want your members to see in their email inbox.
2. Reply Email Address: This is defaulted to the your Shopify account email address. Here's how your Reply to Email on your loyalty emails looks for your customers:
Under Email Notifications on your Loyalty settings page, check that this is the correct email address that you would like to receive replies from your members.
3. Only Email Customers Who Accept Marketing In Shopify: This is set to OFF by default. This means all members will receive your loyalty program emails, whether they have opted in to your marketing emails or not. If you would like to send emails to only those who accept marketing emails, then you will need to switch this setting to ON on your Loyalty settings page.
Part 3: Order Rewarding settings
Your order rewarding settings control when your members get rewarded for their purchases and what they earn points on.
Choose what members earn points for on your Loyalty settings page
1. Exclude points for shipping: This is defaulted to Checked.
This means that your members will not earn points for shipping. If you would like to reward your members points for shipping costs they pay, you will need to change this setting by unchecking this option.
2. Exclude points for Tax: This is defaulted to Unchecked.
This means that your members will earn points for Tax on their orders. If you don't want to reward members points for tax, you will need to change this setting by checking this option.
3. Do not reward points on discounted orders: This is defaulted to Unchecked.
This means that your members will earn points for orders with discounted products in their cart. If you don't want to reward members points for the entire order that contains a discounted product, you will need to check this option.
Choose when points are rewarded and cancelled on your Loyalty settings page
4. Reward Points When Payment Status Is One Of: By default, this is set to Paid, meaning members get their points once you've set the order status to Paid in your Shopify admin. You can change this or add additional options: Pending or Authorized.
5. And When Fulfillment Status Is One Of: If you would like members to earn loyalty points immediately after they make a purchase, leave this field empty. When set to Fulfilled, points will only be rewarded once you have fulfilled an order.
6. Cancel Points When Payment Status Is One Of: This is defaulted to Refunded.
When a member's order payment status is marked as Refunded, the points for that purchase will automatically be removed from their points balance. You can change this or add additional options: Partially Refunded or Voided.
Set any products or collections you'd like to prevent members earning points on your Loyalty settings page
7. Do not reward points on products that are tagged with one of: This is for excluding products from your loyalty program. Members will not earn any points for these blacklisted products.
🔓 Blacklisting Products is unlocked on plans: Advanced & Pro
To do this, you'll need to tag the product in your Shopify admin, then add the product's Shopify tag here.
8. Do not reward points on products that belong to one of these collections: This is for excluding entire product collections from your loyalty program. Members will not earn any points for products in these collections.
🔓 Blacklisting Product Collections is unlocked on plans: Advanced & Pro
To do this, you'll need to add the Shopify Collection ID in here.
9. Process Shopify orders: Choose to process orders (and reward points for orders) from Shopify eCommerce, Shopify POS, or both.
🔓 Shopify POS integration is unlocked on plans: Basic, Advanced & Pro
> Want to run an in-store only loyalty program? This step-by-step set-up guide will help you create a program that works as it should in-store.