By default, your loyalty members will earn points on orders that have discounts associated with them.
You may choose to not reward points on discounted orders. This means the entire order (even full priced items) will not earn the member any points if it contains a discount.
📝 Note: If you just want to prevent customers earning points on discounted products, you can do this by excluding product collections.
Common reasons some store owners don't want to reward points on discounted orders:
- The customer is already getting extra value for what they are paying
- Don't want to reward points on sales promotions
In this article:
- How to exclude points on discounted orders
- Discount types that are effected
- How it works - your customers' experience
How to exclude points on discounted orders
1. In your app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, check Do not reward points on discounted orders
3. Scroll down and click Save
Discount types that are effected
Loyalty program discount codes
When a member redeems a loyalty reward at checkout, they will not earn loyalty points for that purchase.
Shopify discount code
When a customer redeems a store discount code that you have created in your Shopify admin, they will not earn loyalty points for that purchase.
> How to generate Shopify discount codes
Items on sale
When a customer adds a product to their cart that you have deemed to be on sale using Shopify's 'Compare at price' feature, they will not earn loyalty points for that purchase.
> How to show sale prices on Shopify
How it works - your customers' experience
When your members proceed to checkout with a discount applied to their order, their points balance will not increase based on $ spend.
If you have your Earned Points email notification on, they will not receive an email notifying them, as they did not earn any points.