By default, your members only earn loyalty points for purchase when their payment status is Paid.
How to choose when members are rewarded their loyalty points
- In your app admin, go to Settings
2. Under Order Rewarding, click Reward Points when Payment Status is one of
3. From the drop down, click your preferred Payment Status options
📝 Note: You can choose more than one payment status to reward points at. Your members will only be rewarded loyalty points for their purchase once.
4. Click And when Fulfillment Status is one of
5. From the drop down, click your preferred Fulfillment Status option
If you would like members to earn loyalty points immediately after they make a purchase, leave the When Fulfillment Status is One Of field empty. This will reward points based on payment status alone.
💡 Pro Tip: The Fulfillment Status control can add extra protection to you from customers who may refund pending orders to abuse the loyalty point system.
4. Click Save
Your members will only be rewarded their loyalty points when the payment and fulfillment status' of their order is one of these.
📝 Note: You must have Accounts are optional or Accounts are required checked in your Shopify Checkout settings for members to login and earn points. Learn more
📝 Note: If a member completes checkout as a guest, they will not be rewarded loyalty points for their order.